Monday 18 November 2013

Sebastian Vettel Keeps Re-Writing the Record Books

Another record for Vettel...!

Who is going to catch Vettel next year? After leading 99% of the US Grand Prix this past weekend, Sebastian Vettel bagged another record, becoming the first driver to win eight races consecutively during the same season. Those F1 enthusiasts who were hoping for another team and driver to win this years US Grand Prix were left bitterly disappointed, and I guess bored as well.

I never understood why fans went as far as "booing" Vettel in earlier races this season, especially when I think back at those many years that Michael Schumacher (especially in the years 2000 to 2004) won almost every race. He won an unprecedented, record-breaking 13 races in 2004 alone, but I do not recall any fans booing him? 


Both Vettel and Schumacher are German and both boast impressive driving records, with Vettel breaking his driving records at a much younger age. The Sports-Man has a lot of respect for the young Vettel and even though he does his own thing on and off the track at times, at the expense of team-mate Webber mostly, I do feel he is a modern-day driving genius. Obviously he is backed by a strong team and car, but you still require loads of skills as a driver to achieve what he has achieved thus far!

Fans might be bored by the predictability of F1 this season, but Sebastian Vettel is never bored behind the steering wheel. He still has to concentrate around every lap, through every corner, and he has to stick to team tactics. If winning was suddenly something we "dislike" and we feel it deserves a jeer and a "boo", then The Sports-Man is confused by this! I would much rather win and I will always respect any opponent, rival, or sports man and woman that keep on winning.

Who is your favourite F1 team and why? Do you respect Vettel and what he has achieved, or do you "boo" him and his performances instead?

Crazy Red Bull Spin Stunt - Watch NOW!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I respect every sportsperson/team, even if I dislike him/her/team. What I feel is understanding an opponent is way more important than underestimating them. Consequences that follow could be unbearable, not to forget the media hue and cry after that.

Answering your question, I am a FERRARI fan since a long long time. I do agree Vettel is a professional (and may be a touch better driver than Schumey, considering the speeds these days), but as a person Schumey was way more humble and respectful than Vettel. I wouldn't 'BOO' him for what he has achieved, if but would feel disappointed I guess whenever he wins (if I 'boo' him I wouldn't be a worthy sports fan).

PS: No one ever comes near Sachin Tendulkar in terms of being a 'humble, down to earth human being'. That's why "The World" loves and respects him.

David Sportsman said...

Well said, and I fully agree about the personality of a sports person. I prefer and gravitate towards a humble sports man or woman, like Schumacher.

That is the very reason I too have loads of respect for Tendulkar, and Messi as well. Do you ever see Messi other than humble?

Unknown said...

I used to like Messi a lot, but after he kicked the ball purposely at Real Madrid fans near the throw line, I lost a little respect for him.

Other than that, I haven't seen any kind of disrespectfulness from him. So I can also agree that he's one footballer who's quite humble.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...